From seashell clutches at Chanel to teal hair at Narciso Rodriguez, the Spring 2012 collections were flooded with all things under the sea. It seems the trend has bled further into the music realm with the internet craze Seapunk. This oceanic, 90s rave-infused phenomenon has splashed the pages of Chicago Reader and more recently discussed in The New York Times.
We wanted to take the Earth based trend further by paying tribute to all of Mother Nature’s children. Check out how in house stylist Ashley Barlow translates basic life elements into everyday style using pieces from our current auctions site.
1. M Missoni Turquoise & Red Striped Top
2. Winter Kate Ivory Vintage Cotton Fringe Trim Vest
3. Designer 5 Piece Yellow, Green And Blue Bead Necklace Set
4. Rag & Bone Purple & Black Print Legging Jeans
5. Pedro Garcia Seafoam Green Silk Knot Slide Sandals
1. Chanel Distressed Tan Suede & Asymmetrical Button Front Cropped Vest
2. Rick Owens Taupe Distressed Leather & Knit Sleeveless Top
3. 3.1 Phillip Lim Champagne Silk Tie Waist Skirt
4. Jeffrey Campbell Animal Print Pony Hair Booties
1. Junya Watanabe Comme des Garcons Green Peplum Army Jacket
2. Sara Berman Black Leather Studded Shorts
3. Designer Black Leather Lace Up Arm Cuffs
4. Jil Sander Dark Grey Leather & Black Stretch Platform Commessa Boots