Historically, we’ve seen the collar go from a source of neck protection to a vogue statement, evident from the Elizabethan ruff and the beginning of the ornamental collar during Edwardian times. The detachable collar seen on every blogger and street-style aficionado seemed like an odd fad at first (some comparing it to the modern day dickie) but it appears that this is a trend we just can’t get enough of.
For this week’s How to Wear feature, our in-house stylist Ashley Barlow shows you how to incorporate this Louis Vuitton White Patent Leather Scalloped Collar into your wardrobe using pieces from our current auctions site. So even if the Red Queen demands, “Off with your head!”….at least it’s sweetly framed with a delectable piece of ornamentation.
Play Date: Simple and sweet. This look is ready for a party.
1. Alain Mikli Round Red Framed Sunglasses
2. Ralph Lauren Cream & Black Plaid Ruffle Dress
3. Topshop Premium Black Leather Wedge Ankle Boots
4. Sonia Rykiel Cream & Brown Goat Hair & Leather Trim Gloria Clutch Handbag
Hide & Seek: By simply tucking the bib part in, this look instantly becomes sleek and easy to take from work to play.
1. John Bartlett Black Leather Sleeveless Top
2. Rag & Bone Midnight Black Side Zipper Skinny ‘Scuba’ Jeans
3. Jason Wu For Target Natural Woven & Black Leather Trim Classic Satchel
4. Bettye Muller Green & Navy Tartan Peep-Toe Slingback Heels
Pile Up: Whether you choose one or a handful, piling necklaces on this piece just makes it a little sweeter.
1. Designer Multiple Stone Handcrafted Animal Pendant and Beaded Necklace
2. Marc by Marc Jacobs Metallic Purple Chain & Bow Trim Necklace
3. Monies Brown Wood and Black Cord Necklace
4. Iro Teal & Grey Silk 3/4 Length Sleeve Tunic Dress